In January of 2015, White Oak Pastures partnered with the Oriol Family in Spain to be among the first farmers to welcome Iberian Hogs to the United States. These Iberian Hogs will be nothing like what you have tasted in the past. Instead of acorns, our pigs are raised on a diet of peanuts and pecans, putting a south Georgia twist on the long kept Spanish tradition. These hogs have roamed White Oak Pastures, and it's now time to introduce them to market.
Our Jamons will cure for 2.5 years at a Missouri facility called Le Quercia. We are offering our hams for pre-sale only, with a nonrefundable deposit of 25%. Your card will be charged for the deposit, and the remaining 75% will be due at the time of shipment. The Jamons will not be ready to ship until Summer of 2019.
Please use the code "cured25" to pay for the deposit of this item. Please let this item be the only item in your cart at the time of checkout. The code "cured25" is not valid for any other items.
Regardless of what farm you purchase from, there is no such thing as free shipping. Shipping perishable product through the mail is expensive, regardless of how you spin it. We have a large following of customers who pick up orders from our local markets and On-Farm store. It doesn't seems fair to penalize these customers with inflated prices, just so we can get product to more distant customers cheaply.
White Oak Pastures is currently offering equalized shipping to those in a 3Day ground from our farm. At this point, this is how we handle the cost of all Ground Shipments:
$700 and higher= $89.95
If you live outside of a 3Day ground transit, the rates are generated by calculating the weight of the package and the distance to the address provided. Our customers have found that larger orders placed on a less frequent basis seem to be most efficient.